Sunday 10 October 2010

This week...

This week has consisted of lantern making, learning, x factor and autumn walks. As my CRB has just cleared, I haven't been able to start work yet. I'm hoping to hear from them on Monday with when I will be starting.

To keep myself busy this week I have been trying to learn some Sketchup add on packages. This week has been IDX Renditioner, it is really simple to use and gives a completely different look to my designs. The only problem being my laptop, it is getting up to 4 years old now and with its lack of hinges and over heating fan it doesn't cope well at all with any form of rendering software. Its making it really hard to learn how to use this properly but I will carry on. Even if Sketchup does "bug splat" a LOT! The time has come for me to start saving for a new laptop :( Something I have been trying to avoid.












I volunteer each week in the Halewood Arts Association, one part of that is the Junior Artists Club. I love it, its a group of 7 - 12 year olds and they come along each Wednesday and get to do lots of creative things. On the 31st October we are taking part in the Liverpool Lantern Companys Halloween Lantern Carnival. (if you are looking for something to do on Halloween come along, they put on an AMAZING show and I can't wait to see / been involved in it.) So this week we had a really nice woman named Becky come in from the LLC and me and her helped the children to make some lanterns for when we go along. We used bamboo and masking tape to make the frame work and it was really fun. Some of the bamboo is a bit tempremental and can snap quite easily, but once you get into it, it becomes really easy to use and very flexible. There was jellyfish made, fish, dolphins and squid. We are adding the paper to them this week and I'll add some photos once we do.

Sefton Park in the Autumn is lovely.




No comments: