Tuesday 5 October 2010

Quite a busy couple of months!

The last couple of months have been quite busy. What with travelling to visit Uni friends, volunteering and getting myself my first out of Uni job, I haven't had much time to keep this blog up to date. 

I will try and keep an update brief. I suppose I should mention my new job! I am very very very excited to get started. I am going to be working as a "Lead Arts and Heritage Support Worker." It basically means I will be assisting in various art based workshops throughout the Knowsley area. I'm so excited to start and can't wait to get involved in it all. Its going to be so nice to get back into something creative, I really miss it after leaving Uni!

Volunteering is something that takes up a lot of my spare time and I like to do as much as I can fit in. World Liverpool Museum is somewhere I have volunteered within since last Easter. I love it. The past couple of months I have been able to help out and assist with the craft areas of the museum. Making butterfly crowns and tiger masks with the children has been a great way to prepare for my new job, and obviously really fun! 

I've also recently joined the Mersey Vs team. Once a month a group of the volunteers from the museum, meet in the museum offices and offer input and advice on how we think things are working. I'm really enjoying getting to have a say and help the museum to come up with new things and exciting projects for other Volunteers!

I was also lucky enough to get involved in the CBBC Live 'n' Deadly day at the World Museum... Me and 7 other volunteers helped A LOT of children to make animal masks. The museum had so much for people to do that day, there was Eagles, and MASSIVE owls, snakes and scorpions everywhere and they had a giant green screen which the children could stand in front of and make them look like they where swimming with sharks. A lot of it was filmed and next Saturday you may see me loitering in the background of the programme. The museum was so busy, I think they had 5000 visitors in one day! 

So I am now going to keep this blog more updated, so no more long breaks.

This wasn't as brief as I had hoped!


No comments: