Sunday 1 May 2011

Royal Wedding Fever!


Being an event designer it would have been practically illegal for me to not do anything to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Being obsessed with anything wedding related and over the top, it seemed the perfect opportunity to do some baking and get my craft box out.

Mum kindly allowed me to use our lounge for this and we invited over some of the family. Including our very own Queen Mother who had the best seat in the house and stayed put all day. I also made it a rule that anyone watching had to wear a flower, so my hair accessory collection was out in force.


My Nan Alice, with one of my flowers <3

It was a really nice day and getting to talk over future family weddings and having the wonderful baby James with us too was lovely. Nan even let me use the beautiful china tea set I'm promised "when she's gone" which believe me is a massive deal!

The strawberry heart cake I baked
No tea party would be complete without home made cupcakes
My beautiful china tea set


No Royal Wedding party would be complete without Pimms


It was also a great excuse to get the Cake Stand Nan gave me out

No comments: