Saturday 15 May 2010

Model Making

Finally I have begun model  making, this is one of my favourite parts of the course and now I have everything designed I can get really stuck in to what I enjoy.

I have mentioned in previous posts that I am creating a 1:25 white card model of the whole exhibition and selecting four, 4x4m areas and creating them in colour to get across the textures and feel for them areas.

I used sketchup to print out all my plans at 1:25 and I am going to build my model up from that. It was scary seeing how big the plans where and I had a "slight" panic, but after some encouraging talks from tutors and coursemates I feel like I can do this!

I am working on the Liverpool area at the moment and I am very excited to be making a shop with the family name on. My Nan is going to love it!

A brick making technique that didn't work as well. I'm trying to create an antique brick effect and this technique of using milliput smoothed on didn't work at all.
I found putting lines of milliput on one at a time and working in to them gave a much better look and although time consuming gave the effect I was after.
I'm hoping once I start to paint the bricks they will look a lot better.

No comments: